March 4, 2010

My First Fireplace

my husband kevin and i recently moved into, yet another, one bedroom basement suite. we have gradually upgraded with every move; this being our 6th in not even 5 years. our last place was only a couple of years old with all fine fixtures and features in a new and developing neighborhood. we will miss it. our new place, however, is 17 years old and sports pink walls, out of date light fixtures, and not-so-sound-proof ceilings. but, i love a challenge! i'm looking forward to painting and curtain-ing most of all! we do have ample storage space, plenty of large windows, hardwood floors, a full kitchen, a real dining space, and....a fireplace! my first fireplace! so, along with the many many design ideas i have rolling around my brain constantly, i am searching for art for my mantle. do i want a large art piece mounted above? not sure. if so, should it be a photo, a painting, a textile? something i make, or buy? not totally sure yet. but where else better to gain inspiration than Etsy. i started by looking through photographs and these are my favorites...so far.

i will post more pics of my progress as i fix this place up real nice!

golden aspen by shannonpix

Teal Truck by buckscountyframes

Succulent by TheDizzyPixie

Misty by irenesuchocki

Swingin' by RetrospectPhoto

Nice Day For A Ride by buckscountyframes

1 comment: